Monday 31 March 2014

Real Art Roadshow

Yesterday our class went to visit the ‘Real Art Roadshow’, which is a travelling art show in the back of a large truck.  There were lots of amazing artworks along with some odd ones.  The art made us think about what we like and what we don’t.

One of the artworks that left an impression on us both positively and negatively was one titled ‘Wolfman’ by Seraphine Pic.  Below is the picture and some of our responses to this artwork.


I think that it is an OK, not the best painting though.  Some people might think it is a bunch of scribble but if you look closely it is interesting which is the annoying thing.  Somebody might think it is just a bunch of scribble and throw it out for good.  It is a puzzle to the mind and really blows people away when they see what is in it.
Tessa 

I think it is a cool puzzle.  To see what’s going on in the picture you have to look hard.  It has a ware wolf in it that is howling, there is a rainbow and the ware wolf is like a river that leads into a rainbow lake with trees surrounding it.  Just imagine a lake of rainbows, how cool would that be.
Destinee

I think it is very amazing. It has so many different ways.  It makes me feel like home because art is my home.  It makes you think about what there is and it looks like someone has tried to do something and had messed it up and then had noticed it was art.
Rosie

In this picture I see a wolf man, a dress, a pin cushion, a goblet, a man, a flying hand, a shoe, rain, a rainbow, mountains and a lake.  It makes me think of different creatures combining and of ware wolves.  It makes me think of Harry Potter because in it there are goblets and in one there is a man turning into a ware wolf.

What to look at?
I can see a wild dog with a face in it’s mouth.  I can see mountains and a hood, a dress and where you put some pins.  I can also see a rainbow.
Paige

How does that work?
I can see a fox, a person, an oil slip and more.  I love this picture.  I also see a goblin. It looks like a puzzled world to live in.  A rainbow, a normal dog too.  I also see a tiger scratch from the zoo.  There are mountains and a pin cushion and cape.
Jessica

“Ah my head!”  Oh hi, I bet you’re wondering why I’m a wolf man.  One day I was having an adventure and I saw a witch and I asked her a joke.  
I said, “Knock knock”
She said, “who’s there?”
I said, “Cow”
She said, “Cow who?” 
And I said, “no stupid cows go moo!”  ROTFL.  
Then she turned me into a wolf man!
Cory

In my opinion I think it’s a little strange because many different things are going on and the finished product is a bit busy.  It sort of scares me because the wolf has the person’s head in its jaws.  
The main things I can see are the wolf and person.  I don’t see the point of having the black scribbles in the background.  It sort of looks like a lake, but where is the shoreline?  Where is the picture set?  How long ago was it? What gave the artist the inspiration to make an artwork like this?  I don’t personally like it.
Samantha

I think that this piece of art is very cool because of all the pictures in one picture.  The wolf man, rainbow, pin cushion, goblet, the dead man with his head in the wolf man’s mouth, mountains, the dress and it looks like the wolf man has a road on his back.
Fergus

I think it is very creative because every picture tells a story and leaves you looking for more in the picture.  It’s cool that it’s an amazing picture with mystery and character.  
Luke

We want to say a big thank you to all involved in the ‘Real Art Roadshow’.  It was a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment